Use of Fr+ by minors and individuals who are blocked
Access to the Fr+ platform is prohibited for already excluded users or those who have reached the age of majority.
Use of the service
Access to the Fr+ may require the use of your personal computer or mobile device, as well as communication or space on those devices. You are responsible for any Internet connection fees or mobile phone charges you incur when accessing the Fr+ service.
When you open an account, we will ask you to provide information such as a username and a password.
You agree to contact us immediately at frplus@français-avenir.org if you believe that your identifier data has been compromised, or if you suspect unauthorized use of your account. You agree that we are not responsible for any losses or damages that result from unauthorized use of your personal data. We recommend that you choose a password that is difficult to guess and is used solely for this account.
Fr+ allows you to create and publish text, images, and comments on its service. Anything you post is yours and you certify that the content is original, that you own the rights, and that you can provide it without French for the Future incurring litigation for publishing your content. French for the Future and Fr+ are not liable for unauthorized copying and distribution of your content.
You are responsible for your content. You must ensure that it does not infringe the rights of others (including copyright, privacy rights, or image rights, that it is not defamatory and contains no malware).
By uploading, distributing, transmitting, or using your content in any other way on the Fr+ platform, you give us a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, transferrable, and royalty-free licence to use, host, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative products, distribute and display your content in connection with our operations and service delivery. By using the Fr+ platform, you agree to the non-exclusivity of your disseminated content. This intellectual property licence will terminate once your content or your account with Fr+ is removed.
Because you are a minor using our service, Fr+ and French for the Future will not use any photos or images showing your face without asking for your permission and asking you to fill out an image release waiver form that is signed by you and your parent or legal guardian.
Security measures aimed at protecting user content used by Fr+ are provided and used “as is” and without warranties, conditions, assurances, or provisions stating that the security measures will withstand attempts to evade the security mechanisms or that there will be no breaches, failures or other circumventions of these security measures.
You agree not to infringe any laws or contracts, or the intellectual property rights of any other person and not to commit any offences. You are solely responsible for your behaviour on the Fr+ platform.
- create, upload, or transmit any objectionable content, as described in our Netiquette guide;
- steal the identity of any other person or entity, falsely claim affiliation with a person or entity, or access others’ accounts on the Fr+ service without authorization, denature the source, identity, or the content of information transmitted on the Fr+ platform or perform any similar fraudulent activity;
- collect or harvest email addresses or other contact information from other users of the Fr+ platform;
- defame, harass, threaten, mock, intimidate, abuse, or defraud users of the Fr+ service, harvest or attempt to harvest personal information on users without their consent;
- remove, circumvent, deactivate, damage, or interfere in any way with functions that impose limits on the use of the Fr+ platform or on user content, or remove notices of copyright or other property rights on the Fr+ service or user content;
- interfere with or damage the operation of the Fr+ platform or the enjoyment that any users derive from it, by any means whatever, including the uploading or dissemination of viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code;
- use robots, spiders, crawlers, scrapers, scripts, browser extensions, offline readers, or other unauthorized automated interfaces to circumvent any measures implanted in the Fr+ platform or otherwise access the platform, scrape the content, extract data, or otherwise interfere with or modify the content of platform pages or functions;
- manipulate usernames to conceal the origin of any new user content transmitted on the Fr+ platform.
- Interfere with or disrupt the Fr+ platform; use the Fr+ platform in a way that could interfere with, adversely affect or prevent other users from receiving the full benefit of the Fr+ service, or that could damage, deactivate, overload, or alter the functioning of the Fr+ platform in any way;
- Use, or attempt to use, the account of another user without the authorization of that user and of Fr+;
- attempt to circumvent the content filtering technologies that we use, or attempt to access any service that you are not authorized to access;
- promote any product or service for any purpose;
- use the Fr+ for illegal purposes or in violation of any local, provincial, national, or international laws or regulations, including but not limited to, laws governing intellectual property rights and other property rights, data protection and privacy.
- use support or complaint measures in an abusive way to submit false reports.
We encourage you to report content or behaviour that you consider to be a violation of these terms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright violation notice
If you are a copyright holder or represent a copyright holder and all the content available on the Fr+ platform constitutes a violation of that copyright, you can send a notice of copyright violation under the Copyright Act of Canada by providing the following information in writing:
- electronic or physical signature of the copyright holder or the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright holder;
- description of the work that is protected by the copyright that you believe has been violated;
- description of where the content you believe was violated is located on the Fr+ platform, with sufficient detail so that we can find it;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- your declaration stating that you believe in good faith that the contested use was not authorized by the copyright holder, their agent or the law; and
- your declaration, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright holder or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright holder.
Please consult your legal advisor for further details or refer to sections 41.25 and of the Copyright Act of Canada. The French for the Future agent in charge of notices of claims of copyright violation can be reached as follows:
- By mail: Le français pour l'avenir - French for the Future, 904-170 Avenue Laurier W., Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5V5
- By email: frplus@français-avenir.org
Fr+ and French for the Future respect others’ intellectual property rights and we ask that our users do the same. We will delete any material from the Fr+ platform that contravenes this policy and we reserve the right to delete the associated user account. If you believe that a publication infringes your copyright, you can notify us at email@example.com. If your complaint is intentionally false, you may be subject to damages on our part.
If we remove your content in response to a copyright complaint, we will notify you through the email you registered with. If you believe that your content was wrongly removed, you can also notify us by email at frplus@français-avenir.org.
The Fr+ platform may contain one or more links to third-party websites. Linked sites are not moderated by French for the Future, and French for the Future is not liable for the content or policies of any linked sites. French for the Future and its Fr+ platform provide external links for information purposes only, and a link does not imply approval, sponsorship, or affiliation with the site in question.
Any ideas, suggestions, and feedback that you submit to the Fr+ platform are voluntary and you agree that Fr+ may use the ideas, suggestions, or feedback without compensation, remuneration, or obligation on our part to give you credit.
Limitation of liability
Limitation of liability
We cannot predict when problems may arise with our platform. Consequently, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and we shall in no circumstances be liable to you for loss of profits, income, information, or data, or for accessory, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising from these terms or the products of French for the Future, or in connection with them, even if we were informed of the possibility of such damages.
You acknowledge and agree that French for the Future shall not be liable and provides no warranty as to the accuracy, currency, completeness, security, or legality of third-party resources. The inclusion of links to such third-party resources in no way implies that French for the Future endorses, approves of, guarantees, or warrants the information and content that is disseminated by or representations made by those resources, or that French for the Future is associated with them or is legally authorized to use them.
APPLICABLE LAW. Any disputes, differences, or contentions shall be resolved, governed by, and construed, for all purposes, in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario and federal laws of Canada, notwithstanding the conflict-of-law rules of each of the parties’ jurisdictions. Subject to the previously stated mandatory provisions concerning adjudication, the parties attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Quebec, Montreal district, with respect to any issues related hereto.
We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any compensable claims, and you agree to assist us and cooperate with us, at our request, in defending or attempting to settle the claim out of court.
Unsubscribing and end of access to Fr+ (majority)
You may unsubscribe at any time and cease using the Fr+ platform. If you wish to unsubscribe, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “unsubscribe” in the subject line and we will remove your account.
If you unsubscribe or if your access to the platform is terminated, your content will be automatically removed from the platform and will no longer be accessible by other users.